Intern with Christine!
Christine Hallquist's Gubernatorial campaign is seeking Community and Volunteer Organizers that will hold primary responsibility in working with our voter outreach program, local Democratic Town and County Committee members, community members, and electeds, to organize events and volunteer opportunities associated with Christine Hallquist's gubernatorial campaign. Christine Hallquist's campaign will be dynamic, engaging, challenging, and fun and we would like to offer an opportunity for motivated students to be a part of this experience during the summer of 2018.
- Working with Field Director to assist with regional volunteer management, phone banks, and canvasses
- Working closely with Campaign Manager to schedule Christine's appearance at local events
- Being accountable to local activist and committee member questions, comments, and concerns
- Being responsible for knowing Christine Hallquist's campaign platform and talking points and to be able to represent these points in community settings
- Having a sense of humor, purpose, and passion for Christine's campaign
- Willingness to suggest new ideas and opportunities for the campaign
- Other responsibilities in organizing systems, communications, data entry, public speaking as assigned and/or desired
Opportunity for personal and professional development in these areas:
- Organization, Delegation, & Volunteer Management
- Systems and Data Tracking
- Public Speaking
- Critical Thinking and Messaging
- Understanding Implications of Policy
Dates and Other Details:
- September-November, 2018 – Flexible depending on student's schedule
- Earn academic credit with a Fall 2018 internship (if Christine wins the primary!)
- ~20-40 hours per week
- *Possibility for funding if student is unable to secure their own funding
All interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to Sam Donnelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who submit resumes without accompanying cover letter/letter of interest will not be considered.